Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Yup, he just said vagina.

Tuesday mornings Jackson and I have some rare one-on-one time.  With his sister in first grade and one of his younger brothers in an early intervention group, Jackson and I sneak away for some grocery shopping.  And perhaps a doughnut.  When you have 4 kids so close together, it really is a treat to get this time to soak in the child that your baby has become.  And glimpse into what kind of person he may be in the future.

Yesterday we had had our doughnut and began our grocery shopping.  (Yes, this is what your quality one-on-one time turns into with a busy family.  Grocery shopping becomes the exciting time for Jackson.  The key is to pitch the excursion as special mom-Jackson time.)  I was meal planning on the go, my usual, and said "hey Jackson, how about we have lasagna for dinner this week?"

Jackson: "Nope, I don't like vagina."

And there it was.  Simply stated.  My 4-year-old just said vagina in the Brockton Market Basket.  Apparently lasagna and vagina sound similar to a child with a speech articulation issue.  And people were all around us.  I just said "OK," and moved onto the next aisle.

This stuff happens all of the time in our family.  And I am beginning to realize that these antics seem to happen more often in our family than in most.  Blessed chaos indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment