Saturday, September 14, 2013

Making it rain

Parents out there, you know that blessed moment of the night when your kids are finally in bed, leaving you alone for a few minutes and you actually get to watch a show that you DVR'd?  That's another sacred time around my home.  That sacred time was interrupted the other night by another story that I couldn't make up.

Josh and I were watching a show and I thought I heard a dripping sound.  Josh muted the TV and he quickly said "that's water!"  We split up looking for the source.

Jackson, our 4-year-old, has a slight sleeping walking problem.  Only when he really has to pee but doesn't wake up fully to get himself to the bathroom.  So the thought did cross my mind that he was peeing somewhere other than the toilet again.  But no, it couldn't be that.  The dripping sound was coming from the first floor and I didn't hear Jackson come downstairs.  Boy, was I wrong.

Josh discovered it was raining pee in our kitchen.  Seriously.  Right through the kitchen ceiling vent that went to Jackson's bedroom floor.  He had, in fact, peed on his door (again - this really does happen occasionally in our house) but this time it landed on the floor vent.  Making it rain pee in the kitchen.

Don't worry though, Jackson was fast asleep again in his bed by the time I opened his door.  I ran downstairs with an old rag for Josh to clean the pee up saying "don't use the kitchen towels!"  Round the corner and see Josh with the twinkle in his eye, half crouched over with the kitchen towels already in the pee.  Awesome.  Well, at least he was cleaning it I guess.

Josh cleaned the kitchen and I cleaned the bedroom.  Then we went right back to our spots on the couch as if nothing unusual had happened.  Because, in fact, this is a normal part of our blessed chaos.  I do think Jackson will be rushing a fraternity come college though, he's got it down already.

No comments:

Post a Comment