Thursday, May 30, 2013

The nudist

I know we can't be the only family with kids who shed clothes at any occasion.  A few of you assure me that I am not alone.  But it's so regular that I find one of my children, usually Jackson, streaking that our 9-year-old neighbor declared "your kids are naked a lot."  Yes little girl, yes they are.

Am I to blame for this?  I'm not saying I run around the place naked.  But when they were babies and toddlers I used to give them a few minutes of naked time after bath.  You know, to let them breathe  - living in a diaper must be so uncomfortable.  (Sidebar.  I'm not looking forward to returning to that stage when elderly)  I think they fell in love with it.  And now, well.  Now it appears hopeless.

Easter we hosted 15 people, a feast and all that entails.  Twice Jackson was seen streaking, butt ass naked throughout the sea of people.

It's not unheard of to find Ryan or Jackson riding their motorized Dora The Explorer Jeep while naked.  Oh, and in the FRONT yard.  Remember now, we lived in the Church owned parsonage.  Awesome.

The nudity thing is so entrenched with our children that it inspired one of my only two Gray Family Rules.  You must wear underwear when we have company.  In case you're wondering, the second family rule is no head shots, when wrestling or rough-housing.

Here's a little gem for you.  The story of how I learned Jackson, then 20-months-old or something, could open doors.  I felt a draft in my kitchen, rounded the corner to see the door to the garage wide open.  Then I notice the garage door itself had been opened and there was Jackson, one-and-a-half standing with just a shirt on at the end of our driveway.  In the drizzling 50 degree weather at 5pm, waving to the cars driving by on their way home from work.  And yes, he had let our dog Fred out.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised that neighbors didn't bat an eye at it.  The week before I had found Caroline and Jackson in their bedroom window mooning and "sunshining" (Josh's term for flashing the front side I guess) the world.

So to the 9-year-old neighbor, yes, they are naked a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Annie, when you are elderly we'll be sure to give you naked time, you know, so you can "breathe." I won't do it or see it because I won't visit you at the home when you are pooping in your pants!

    ReplyDelete